Although I’ve been writing for most of my life, I’m entirely new to the blogging scene. Blindly fumbling through for just one month, I’m humbly honored to have been nominated for the “Liebster Award” by the talented http://luvlifedream.wordpress.com/2014/04/30/the-liebster-award-nomination-congratulations-and-thank-you-all/. Karen’s writing offers deep insight wrapped in juicy nuggets of sensual language, (and I love it). Thank you Karen for sharing your thoughts, reading others’ words, nominating newbies like myself, and caring about fellow writers!
“The Liebster award is awarded to bloggers with under 200 followers to try to promote their blog and also bring together a community of bloggers. The rules of the competition are as follows:
The nominated user must provide a link back to the person who nominated them, provide 11 facts about themselves, answer 11 questions set by the nominator, and choose 11 more people and ask them 11 questions.”
(So here it goes … )
11 facts about myself:
1. I wrote a song when I was nine called “Heartbreaker” that was hilariously awful.
2. I absolutely can’t exercise without music.
3. I’m not the best at spelling …
4. I am, however, annoyingly fanatical about grammar, (and the regular use of spell check).
5. My parents have more tattoos than I do.
6. I truly love my hometown of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and its cozy rolling hills.
7. I’m an “INFJ” in the land of Jungian personalities.
8. I was an avid “raver” during the 1990’s, thus explaining my clown-like wardrobe for several years.
9. I want to be reincarnated as honeysuckle.
10. When feeling anxious, I close my eyes and go to Neptune.
11. Although I love all animals, the older I get the more ridiculous my love for dogs becomes. I resist the urge to yell silly words from the car window with every pooch that I pass.
11 Questions from Karen:
1.”If you could go back in time and do something you never did what would it be?”
–This was a hard one for me! To choose one thing of all the things in all of time is quite a task considering the epic scope of everything, but I’m compelled toward witnessing a slice of the birth of our sun. Before the planets, just after the spark …
2.”Why do you choose to write?”
–In a way, I think that writing chose me. It always felt natural to pick up a pen and put on paper what I couldn’t put in the air.
3.”What is your biggest inspiration?”
–The immensity of our emotional universe is both maddening and inspiring. Writing keeps me sane. (Sort of sane.)
4.”What is you pet peeve?”
–I’ll choose one from the many: sloppy and moist public kisses. It sounds like you’re stirring a bowl of macaroni salad: please stop.
5.”If you were to be a character of a book or movie who would you be?”
–Sarah of Labyrinth, all the way: she was the biggest bad-ass of the 1980’s female fantasy crew. And Because of David Bowie. Enough said.
6.”What is you best quality?”
–It’s undeniable that I’m a survivor. Stubborn self-reliance and subconscious perseverance seem to be powerful assets in the life that I’ve led.
7.”Do you ever get writer’s block and what do you do to overcome it?”
–YES!!! And I edit. I love editing. I love editing so much. There’s a lifetime of work to do even when feeling uninspired.
8.”How has writing affected your relationships?”
–It’s worked the other way around for me, in that my relationships have affected my writing. During my marriage, I was severely depressed at worst and mildly depressed at best, which drained me creatively. Once the veil lifted, the words returned!
9.”What is you biggest accomplishment?”
–I am a child of an addict and an alcoholic. I married an addict/alcoholic. I am a recovering codependent, and my biggest accomplishment is reprogramming my mind with a new meaning of life.
10.”What is your favorite movie?”
—Amelie. Period. I’ll openly admit, however, that Moulin Rouge will forever be my jam.
11.”If you could be anyone for a day who would it be and why?”
–After much thought, I’ve settled on being the president of ABC and giving David Lynch an offer that he can’t refuse to re-launch Twin Peaks. Sure, there are bigger fish to fry, but someone needs to fry THIS one.
Karen http://luvlifedream.wordpress.com/, thank you again for this nomination, your fantastic questions, and your gorgeous words!
I know some of you guys have more than two hundred followers, but still …
My nominations are:
My questions for the nominees:
1. What is your spirit animal?
2. Who was you favorite childhood author?
3. What is your nerdiest pleasure?
4. What book in your collection do you treasure most?
5. If you could have an affair with any writer, dead or alive, who would it be?
6. Regardless of age, what do you want to be when you grow up?
7. If you had a superpower, what would it be?
8. What is your favorite word? (I love how archipelago rolls off of the tongue.)
9. Who was your most influential teacher and why?
10. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever see?
11. Can you remember the first piece of substance that you ever wrote? Describe it and your reason for writing.
Instructions for the Nominees:
1) Post a short Q&A about themselves
2) Answer the questions the tagger has asked
3) Create a new list of questions for their own nominees
4) Choose a list of their own nominees and notify them
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
3. Copy & Paste the award to your blog.
4. Nominate 11 blogs to receive the award who have less than 200 followers.
5. Inform them of their nomination by leaving comment on their blog.
1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
3. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
5. Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
Thank you Lorraine Reguly for blogging the Official rules.